Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Fry Bread
In preparation for the pow wow tomorrow select students were taught how to make traditional fry bread this morning. It was soooo good. Other students were able to be a part of smoking deer meat and learning dances for the ceremony. When we were first told about the pow wow for this month I had the impression that it was a one day, two or three hour event. I have since been corrected. The girls have been sewing on their wing dresses (which are traditionally worn during the pow wow dances) since before Christmas, some students were taught how to make fry bread today, others how to dry meat, and still others will practice the dances before the big pow wow tomorrow. I guess I just kind of assumed that all of this stuff was already completed and that all they had to do was throw on some traditional garb and meet somewhere. If this is how intense the preparations are, I wonder what the final event will look like?
The above picture (to be added soon) is of the genuine FBI – Fry Bread Inspector - of the school. She is *the* lady who taught us how to make fry bread. She is definitely the author-i-ty. ☺ You will always be able to tell who is in charge when you walk into her kitchen, especially with an apron like that on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey! WOW I can't believe that you have an FBI (fry bread inspector) at your school. You are so cool. Oh, by the way, I miss you still and I can't wait to get home. There is a crazy sub in here today....what is with all these crazy subs. BLAHHHHH. Love Miss H
Ah, yes, the cook! You have now located the true leader of school moral. Scarry ain't it!
Post a Comment